Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Tentative Schedule

Good morning everyone!

A tentative schedule for the upcoming high school and middle swim seasons is linked below. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.

2016-2017 High School Schedule
2016-2017 Middle School Schedule

Hope you have a great rest of your summer!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Middle School Swim Team End of Season Party - Still on for Today After School

We had a bit of chaos with the power outage at the high school this morning, everything is back up and running now and we got the okay to still have the middle school end of season swim party today.  Everything will remain the same, the bus will pick-up at each middle school like it did for practice, coaches will be on the bus, it will drop off at the high school, we will have the pizza/cake party, pass everything out (certificates, stats, pictures, cap refunds, etc), and play some games.  Everything will still finish up at 5:30pm, swimmers can be picked up in the high school North lot where we would return from practice to.  

For anyone not able to make it, we will be dropping off items at each middle school to be passed out through the office.  I want to thank you all again for a great first ever Mentor Middle School swim season!  

Sunday, February 14, 2016

District Qualifiers 2016

Congratulations to Mentor district qualifiers that have advanced from the Mayfield Sectional to the Northeast District Meet at Cleveland State next Thursday (diving) and Saturday (swimming).  A full list of qualifiers can be found Northeast District Athletic Board website.

Jarod Rausch - 19th 100 Back 58.56, 21st 50 Free 22.85
Heather Raser - 16th 1 Meter Diving 332.45
Monica Mahoney - 32nd 1 Meter Diving 179.45
Colleen Como - 4th 500 Free 5:20.76, 23rd 200 Free 2:04.20
Emma Kloski - 28th 50 Free 25.74
Sam McCarthy - 23rd 100 Fly 1:03.65
Tori Moran - 40th 500 Free 5:42.05

We had some excellent swims yesterday with several additional swimmers and nearly all of our relays within contention for qualifying.  The field in many of these events was over 150 swimmers between the three sectional meets.  Girls ended in 4th place out of the 15 teams at the Mayfield Sectional.  Boys ended in 11th place.

The Northeast District Meet at Cleveland State for diving will be on Thursday Feb 18th with warm-up 5:30-6:30pm and the competition starting at 6:30pm.  The bus will leave at 4:00pm.

The Northeast District Meet at Cleveland State for swimming will be on Saturday Feb 20th with warm-up at 10:30am and competition starting at 12:00pm.  The bus will leave at 9:15am.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Practice Canceled

We just received the call that there will be no swim practice today because of road conditions on I90. All district busses are canceled.  Plan for practice tomorrow, bus leaves at 3:30.  Please be sure to stretch, get your rest, and eat a good dinner.  Try your best to keep taper going strong.  Be sure to do your stretches.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Mentor Middle School Swim Team End of Season Party

There will be an end of season pizza party for the Mentor Middle School team on Wednesday Feb 24th from after school to 5:30pm at the high school.  A bus will pick up swimmers at each middle school just as it did for practice and drop off at the high school.  We will have pizza and cake and celebrate the success of the first inaugural middle school swim season.  The end of season party is for any swimmer on the team this season.  Parents can pick up swimmers at 5:30 at the high school, same place we would arrive back from practice.

If you ordered team pictures, those will be passed out at the party.  Included with the pictures will be an envelope with a refund for the swim caps order that never arrived.  If your swimmer cannot attend, we will be dropping off pictures and cap refunds to be passed out through each middle school office after Wednesday Feb 24th.

Hope everyone has been doing well and hope to see you at the party!
- Coaches

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Weather Update - Practice

We will be having practice at the high school from 2:45 to 4:15.  Bring gym clothes and tennis shoes and meet at the gym weight-room door.  You will not need your swim gear.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Weather Update - Practice Canceled

Due to weather conditions, there will be no practice today at the high school.  We will plan for practice tomorrow including dry-land and swimming at our normal times.  Reminder that we have meets on Wednesday (Bus 3:45pm) and Saturday (Bus 1:15pm).  Stay safe Cards!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Weather Update - Practice Canceled

Due to weather conditions, there will be no high school swim team practice today as the district has canceled all busses.

The middle school swim team meet against Hathaway Brown and University School that was scheduled for yesterday will unfortunately not be rescheduled.  This is at the request of the other team based on their pool availability and end of season schedule.  The middle school team had an awesome inaugural season and we are excited for the future of Mentor Middle School Swimming!  The coaches have been so impressed with all of your hard work and dedication, and we have received so many compliments from other teams that couldn't believe this was just our first year of middle school swimming!  Season results and top times are posted under the Middle School Team page to the left.  With a growing sport and number of teams through the Mentor Schools, and talks of an indoor pool in Mentor closer than they have ever been before, it truly is an exciting time for Mentor Swimming! 

Please stay tuned for updates and Go Cards!

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Weather Update - Meet and Practice Canceled

Due to deteriorating weather conditions, there will be no middle school swim meet or high school swim practice today as the district has canceled all busses out of the district.

If the other schools are still able to attend, the meet will not be rescheduled.  If all teams cancel, the meet may be rescheduled at a later date.  At this time, the other school administrators have not made that decision.  We will update as information becomes available.